If you are an experienced and charismatic instructor who can deliver engaging and high-energy recreational classes, this would be a perfect freelance opportunity for you!
As a Playocity Instructor, you will be joining a fantastic team of educators and becoming a part of the dynamic, diverse, and supportive environment. Playocity teachers curate engaging, balanced, and interactive virtual and in-person lessons, based on positive reinforcement and the idea of addressing fundamental life skills.
We are looking for instructors who are interested in adding more teaching hours to their existing freelance schedules.
We provide training and detailed teaching materials to help create fun and engaging lessons and integrated programs that help children learn, get their daily exercise and gain self-confidence.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate/instruct online, in-person, or hybrid weekly group classes with children 3-12 yrs old; class sizes of up to 15 students
- Collaborate with other team members on creating new lesson plans, activities, programs, and courses
- Communicate with students & parents (homework assignments, questions, feedback, etc.)
- Participate in occasional team meetings and discussions
Does This Sound Like You?
- Educator, coach, teacher, instructor
- Dancer, Yogi, actor, singer, musician, artist
- Performer, comedian, or maybe a YouTube/Tik Tok celebrity!
- Looking for a fun and fulfilling side gig with lots of flexibility
- Excellent communicator and proficient with online tools & technology
- Education/training and background in one or more of the following: Dance, Yoga, Fitness, Visual Arts, Theatre Arts, Social Studies.
- Experience teaching group classes in the field related to your craft (online or in-person)
- Experience working with children (school, studio, or camp setting)
- Strong classroom management skills
- Outgoing and energetic personality
- Access to a vehicle is a plus
- Proven track records of reliability, professionalism, and good work ethic
- Must be at least 18 years
Equal Opportunity Employer
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Playocity is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply.
Teach remotely from the comfort of your home
A minimum of 60 minutes per session
Requires a reliable high-speed internet connection, a computer, camera, and sufficient space
Commute to various locations (schools, daycares, community centres)
A minimum of 2 hours at each location
Access to a vehicle is a plus